Safety and security
Here at Ezra, we understand that applicants and their families may be concerned about the security situation in Israel. Let us assure you that the safety of our participants is the primary factor in our trip planning. As an official Taglit-Birthright Israel organizer, we must meet the highest security standards and strict safety requirements set forth by the birthright initiative. Ezra staff constantly reviews all security measures for Taglit-Birthright Israel trips and implements the most stringent security measures at all times throughout the program. The following are some of the basic security precautions taken on the trip:
- Careful Itinerary Planning. Our tours do not travel to or through areas of the West Bank or Gaza or other unsafe areas.
- No one is allowed to leave group. The Taglit-Birthright Israel: EZRA tour is a very full and structured program and participants are forbidden from ever leaving the group or going anywhere unsafe alone.
- Full Coordination with Israeli Security Authorities. Each day, itineraries are cleared through the official government authorities that are responsible for reviewing all educational field trips for Israeli schools and educational institutions. A group’s itinerary will be changed immediately to reflect any heightened risk or security concerns.
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline and phone numbers of out staff in Israel and North America.
- Taglit-Birthright Israel: EZRA participants will fly mostly on El Al Israel Airlines, recognized as the world leader in airline safety and security. However, some groups may fly with other airlines with possible stopovers in Europe but they will also have an extra security.
- Detailed Security Orientation. Upon arrival each Taglit-Birthright Israel: Ezra group is given a detailed safety and security orientation. In addition, the tour educators and counselors of each trip brief participants regularly regard special security arrangements for particular trips or days. The orientation and briefings include guidelines for free time and general travel safety.
- Armed Security Escort. Two armed Israeli security guards accompany every Taglit-Birthright Israel: Ezra group wherever they go. They are also trained as medics and carry all medical equipment.
- Our trips are monitored by GPS satellite system, which is being monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by a special security room (cheder matzav) whose sole responsibility is the safety and security of our groups.
Please Note: Taglit-Birthright Israel has brought over 300,000 participants to Israel over the last 12 years without one security related incident. Not one. Since the creation of the State of Israel, there has never been a perfect time to visit Israel. Unfortunately, there is something is always going on. Now, though, you have the opportunity to take advantage of the Taglit-Birthright Israel: EZRA gift. Don’t delay your dream trip, do it now, because no matter what you think this is the safest way to go to Israel. Remember, our primary concern is the safety of participants. Please feel free to contact us if you have specific security related questions or concerns. We will be happy to personally take your call to address any questions or concerns that you may have about our trip.